Powerful mobile post-production system
Express Dailies is a powerful and easy to use mobile post-production system for transcoding, archiving, QC and deliverables, Express Dailies sets the bar for functionality and performance, based on Colorfront’s industry leading image science technology and color tools.
Express Dailies aids DITs worldwide in the grading, data wrangling and encoding workflow for commercials, film and television production and is built on the same technology as Colorfront On-Set Dailies, the leading dailies system for Hollywood features and primetime episodic television.
Colorfront Ships Express Dailies
First customers for Colorfront Express Dailies include Technicolor, Deluxe and Light Iron.
Colorfront Launches Express Dailies 2014 and On-Set Dailies 2014 with Transkoder |
Express Dailies NAB 2016 Brochure |
Express Dailies 2015 User Guide |
Express Dailies is an exciting new addition to Colorfront’s family of dailies and back-end workflow systems for feature, television and commercials production. It gives them access to a set of leading edge features with the same market-leading performance of our On-Set Dailies system, which has gained such a dominant market position.
Express Dailies Highlights
- single, standardized on-set or near-set file based workflow regardless of the camera with a simple drag-and-drop user interface that anyone can use.
- 64-Bit Performance
- runs on Mac Pro tower and MacBook Pro with Retina Display using NVidia GPU. Support for AJA Kona3 and Io XT cards deliver realtime HD video playback and high-quality RAW image de-Bayering, including ARRIRAW and F65RAW.
- Extensive Camera Format Support
- realtime support for all major RAW formats and the latest digital cinematography cameras from RED, Sony, ARRI, Canon, Phantom, Go Pro, as well as DSLRs.
- Faster-than-realtime Deliverables
- delivers sound-sync’d, color graded dailies deliverables faster-than-realtime in all formats required for dailies review, post production and archive, including DNxHD 444 for Avid and all ProRes formats for Final Cut, uncompressed DPX, TIFF, OpenEXR, QT, and H264 for web-based dailies and iPad.
- On-Set Look Creation
- compact location-based look creation for on-set looks, exports and manages 3DLuts to external LUT boxes, including BMD HDLink Pro. Express Dailies supports the IIF/ACES workflow, plus Tangent Devices Element control panel.
- QC and Copies
- for data management and security of material, Express Dailies creates checksum verified copies to multiple destinations, including LTO5. Includes waveform monitor and histogram analysis tools for QC and integrated PDF QC reporting.
Express Dailies is running on the new Mac Pro as well as the iMac and MacBook Pro with Retina display, allowing users to choose the best platform for the specific production.
with Retina display
|At less than 2kg, Apple's new new MacBook Pro with Retina display is a great mobile dailies platform.
Quad-core Intel Core i7 processor and now with CUDA processing running on the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M GPU with 2GB GDDR5 memory provides never before seen image processing performance on a laptop. Realtime F65RAW and ARRIRAW de-Bayering and faster than realtime rendering of various deliverables.
|The 27" iMac is a great Express Dailies platform. It offers a 2560-by-1440 resolution non-reflective LED back-lit display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB memory, and upto 3.5 GHz Quad-core intel i7 processor.
Connect Thunderbolt RAID for storage, and work with RAW camera formats with faster-than-realtime rendering.
new Mac Pro
|The new Mac Pro offers a powerful 12-core processor, dual AMD D700 GPUs, professional video output via AJA Kona Io4K, Tangent Devices Element control panel support. Thuderbolt expanders allow connecting to varios external devices including storage, LTO tape drives, Codex Transfer Station, SxS card readers, SONY SR-D1 SRMemory drive unit etc.
CONTROL PANELS SUPPORT
- Tangent Devices ELEMENT panel
- Tangent Devices WAVE, CP200 panels
- AVID Artist Color and Transport panels